I. Definition of warranty
Mavic® grants this warranty to any consumer purchasing a Mavic® product ("Product(s)") from Mavic® or authorized Mavic® retailers (1). Mavic® products are warranted against defects in material or workmanship ("Defects") for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase by the consumer from the authorized Mavic® retailer ("Warranty Period"). The warranty will only apply to Defects discovered during the Warranty Period and will only benefit the original purchaser of the Product.
Mavic® Products comply with their technical description and specifications; it is your responsibility to ensure that they are suitable for your intended use and to choose them accordingly.
This warranty is valid and enforceable only in the country of purchase of the Product to the extent that Mavic® has authorized the distribution of the Product in that country. This warranty is also valid in all countries in which Mavic® has a subsidiary, authorized Mavic® retailer or distributor (1).
Depending on the country of sale, particular and variable warranties may exist according to the applicable law. The provisions of the present warranty are not intended to override these mandatory provisions. Within the framework of national laws, the Product Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed, nor will it be affected by subsequent resale, repair or replacement of the Product. However, the replacement part(s) will be warranted for a new Warranty Period insofar as the replacement has been carried out by the Mavic® representative in the country concerned.
This warranty applies only to defects discovered during the warranty period and if proof of purchase is presented.
If the customer registers his wheels with the MAVIC CARE program within 2 months of purchase, this warranty period is extended to a third year for aluminum wheels, helmets and Comète Ultimate shoes, and to life for carbon wheels.
The lifetime warranty extension for carbon wheels is available from the MY21 wheel range, applies only to the original owner and is not transferable to another.
II. Conditions of application and exclusions
1. The following damage is not covered by the warranty:
- Damage resulting from normal wear and tear of the Product. The following are considered wear parts: brake pads and shoes, rim braking surfaces, tires, tubulars, inner tubes, rim bottoms, UST valves, pawls, bearings, freewheel bodies, seals, decoration;
- Damage resulting from transport, handling or storage of the Product;
- Damage due to the assembly or fitting of parts unsuitable for the Product;
- Damage due to non-conformity of assembly or mounting of the Product or parts;
- Damage resulting from improper use or maintenance of the Product;
- Damage resulting from failure to follow instructions for use and maintenance of the Product;
- Damage resulting from modification of the Product;
- Damage resulting from shock, sharp objects, torsion, compression, dropping, abnormal impact and other actions beyond the control of Mavic®.
2. This warranty is void if :
- The Product is not returned in its original packaging,
- The Product has been modified or repaired by any person or entity other than the Mavic® representative in the country concerned,
- The Product has been repaired with unauthorized spare parts,
- The Product's serial number has been removed, erased, altered or made illegible.
3. This warranty does not apply to "Special Mavic Racing Service" products (2).
III. How to invoke the warranty
In the event of a Defect, Mavic® undertakes at its discretion to either (a) repair the Product or (b) replace the defective Product or part free of charge or (c) offer a credit if no Product in the current range is compatible with your bicycle (evolution of technical standards).
This choice will be made by Mavic® on the basis of the following considerations:
the value the Product would have if there were no Defect,
the importance of the Defect,
the inconvenience generated by the proposed compensation for the original purchaser.
Mavic® undertakes that any repair or replacement will be carried out within a reasonable time, taking into account the nature of the good and its intended use.
For all warranty claims, present the Product together with the invoice or proof of purchase to your nearest authorized Mavic® retailer.
IV. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MAVIC® BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR PROFIT, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ASSOCIATED DEVICE, COST OF ANY SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF WARRANTY. MAVIC® SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT DURING THE REPAIR PERIOD.
(1) Updated list available on request from MAVIC, 74996 ANNECY Cedex 9 - FRANCE or on www.mavic.com
(2) Products engraved "S.S.C." or whose serial numbers have been used for "Service Course".