The following terms, used in the singular as well as in the plural, shall have the following meanings:
- "Site" or "Website": refers to the website accessible at www.mavic.com;
- "Mavic" refers to the company Mavic GROUP
- Simplified joint-stock company with a capital of 5,000,000 Euros
- Registered office: 44 rue saturne, 74650 CHAVANOD (FRANCE)
- RCS Annecy: 887 669 166
- VAT number: FR 65 887 669 166
- Director of publication: Mavic GROUP
- Server center: LaBonneAgence/OVH - Contact: +33 (0) 450 657 171
- "User" refers to the internet user browsing the Site.
These GTU apply to the use of any information, document, graphic illustration, film, feature, or service available on:
- the mavic.com website and all of its subdomains accessible at www.mavic.com All of these sites will hereinafter be referred to as "Mavic sites." Mavic Group has made the Mavic sites (© Mavic 2019) available for the personal information of its users. Please read these GTU carefully before consulting the Mavic sites. These GTU are intended to govern the rights and obligations of Users when they access and browse the Site. These GTU apply to Users accessing the Website from their professional as well as personal access systems, regardless of their nature (computers, tablets, smartphones). However, they do not aim to define, frame, and inform the User about the conditions and terms of ordering, selling, or delivering Mavic products or services; in this regard, Mavic invites Users to consult the contractual provisions that apply to them or to contact Mavic. The User agrees, on the one hand, to use the Site in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations, and, on the other hand, to use the Site in compliance with the GTU. Consequently, the User undertakes, in particular, not to:
- use the Site and its Features for fraudulent or malicious purposes, including for the purpose of causing harm;
- deliberately disrupt the operation of the Site by acts of intentional or unintentional server congestion;
- divert or impersonate the identity of a third natural or legal person. Likewise, the User undertakes, in particular, not to:
- misuse the free fields provided, ensuring that none of the information provided is misleading, discriminatory, derogatory, defamatory, inciting hatred, contributing to the promotion of terrorism and/or to illegal harassment of any natural or legal person (especially with regard to the Law of July 29, 1881 on freedom of the press and the Law of June 24, 2020 aiming to combat hateful content on the internet;
2. OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
2.1. Copyright and/or Design Rights These sites constitute a work of which Mavic is the author within the meaning of articles L.111.1 and following of the Intellectual Property Code. The entire content of the Mavic sites, including photographs, texts, slogans, designs, images, animated and non-animated sequences, as well as all works integrated into the sites, is the property of Mavic or third parties who have authorized Mavic to use them. These elements are protected by national and international intellectual property law (copyright © 2019, Mavic GROUP). The products represented on the sites are protected under copyright law, pursuant to articles L.511.1 and following of the Intellectual Property Code relating to the protection of registered designs. Accordingly, unless prior written authorization has been obtained from Mavic GROUP and/or its partners, the User may not proceed, by any means whatsoever and on any medium whatsoever, with any reproduction, download, representation, adaptation, translation, and/or partial or complete transformation, or transfer to another website of any element composing this site. With the exception of the provisions below, failure to comply with this prohibition constitutes an offense of counterfeiting punishable by four years' imprisonment and a fine of 400,000 euros in accordance with article L.716-9 of the Intellectual Property Code. Reproductions, whether on paper or computer, of said sites and the products reproduced therein are authorized provided that they are strictly reserved for personal use, excluding any use for advertising and/or commercial and/or informational purposes and/or provided that they comply with the provisions of article L122-5 of the Intellectual Property Code.
2.2. Trademark Rights The name and logo of Mavic, as well as the names of certain products, are registered trademarks of Mavic GROUP. All rights reserved. Other trademarks may also be mentioned. They are used by Mavic either with the permission of their holder or as a simple identification of products offered by Mavic. Reproduction, imitation, use, or affixing of these trademarks without prior authorization from Mavic constitutes an offense of counterfeiting punishable by four years' imprisonment and a fine of 400,000 euros in accordance with article L.716-9 of the Intellectual Property Code.
3. HYPERTEXT LINKS
3.1. Hypertext Links to Mavic Sites The establishment of a hypertext link to the Mavic sites requires prior written authorization from Mavic. If the User wishes to establish a hypertext link to the Mavic sites, they must contact the person responsible for the Mavic sites. The establishment of a hypertext link does not in any way authorize the reproduction of elements of the Mavic sites or the presentation on third-party sites of elements from the site in the form of a Frame or a related system. Mavic cannot, in any case, be held responsible for the content, products, and services offered by third-party sites that provide a hypertext link to the Mavic sites.
3.2. Hypertext Links to Other Websites Hypertext links contained on the Mavic sites may refer to other websites or other internet sources. Mavic would like to emphasize that these GTU do not apply to third-party sites. As Mavic cannot control these external sites and sources, Mavic cannot accept any responsibility for the content, advertising, products, services, or any other material available on or from these external sites or sources. Furthermore, the User acknowledges that Mavic cannot be held responsible for any actual or alleged damage or loss resulting from or in connection with the use or reliance on content, goods, or services available on these external sites or sources.
5. DISCLAIMER The User must bear in mind that, generally, given the nature of the internet network and despite the measures taken by Mavic, each time they provide personal information online, this information may be collected illegally. Therefore, the User acknowledges that Mavic cannot, under any circumstances, be held responsible for any potential consequences. However, the pages of the Mavic sites that allow for the entry of payment information are subject to special security measures. Mavic has adopted the SSL encryption method, but has also reinforced all encryption and scrambling processes to protect as effectively as possible all sensitive data related to payment methods. The prices on the mavic.com website are recommended retail prices provided for informational purposes; therefore, to find out the selling price, the User must contact their authorized Mavic retailer.
7. UPDATING OF THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS Mavic reserves the right to modify and update access to the sites as well as the GTU at any time.
WE WISH YOU A PLEASANT VISIT TO OUR SITES