Product Line Manager Footwear
Presentation of the Company
Amer Sports is the world leader in the field of sports equipment with its brands including Salomon, Mavic, Arc’Teryx, Atomic, Wilson, Suunto et Precor.With a turnover of 2 billion euros in 2012 and its 7,200 employees, Amer Sports has been successfully developing thanks to its key vision: “ Be the world leader in all active sporting disciplines, powered by authentic brands and products enhancing sport performance” and fundamental company values:”the will to win, fair play, team and innovation spirit” adopted by all the brands of the group.
Mavic, established in 1889, is a French manufacturer of bike systems and rider's equipment. The products that Mavic develops, makes and sells are presented to the cycling market through a specific retail distribution network. The company employs today more than 400 people worldwide. Its headquarters, the Annecy Design Center, is located in Annecy, France.
In order to contribute to the development of our Rider Equipments Category, we are looking for our new PLM Footwear.
Mission : Set the strategy for the Footwear category according to the Rider’s Equipment vision. Develop the plan to execute: determine the anticipation, development and go-to-market long-term plan for product offers consistent with the Mavic brand positioning, the consumer needs and cross vision of the Rider’s Equipment roll out plan.
Main responsibilities :
- Establish the Footwear plan (Business Roadmap) contributory to the general development of the Mavic brand and determine the anticipation plans related
- Determine and plan product offers (Product Roll-Out Plan) on the basis of the development targets, competitive position, in response to the expectations of consumers and various markets
- Lead the Innovation development process (Go To Dev/Scale-up/Launch) and guide Development Project Managers in the management of their projects
- Create actionable product briefs based on consumer research, market feedback and financial targets
- Represent the brand as the product expert responsible for product brief presentations, internal sales meetings, management presentations as well as external key account sell in meetings
Significative activities :
- Analysis and diagnostic of the market and competition : the monitoring of the changing practices and the cycling environment (consumers, products, events, trends, media…), the identification of needs, opportunities and threats, making of quantitative analysis
- Construction of long-term FTW plan that ensures the expected level of growth and profitability for the category, and breaking down of objectives by market
- Identification of anticipation programs necessary for the achievement of the LT plan and forwarding expectations to the Anticipation manager
- Develop business package in conjunction with MarCom associated with the go-to-market for product lines and managing exchanges with markets (BPR process)
- Sales monitoring per region and per product family with respect to pre-defined plans, identification of variations from plan for corrective actions
- Management of information and product submissions (POD-POP / price positioning/ USP-profits…) and update of management tools related (Prologue, Plasma…)
- Knowledge of the cycling & Softgoods environment (factors and consumers)
- Recognized and successful experience in the product marketing area with proven results in the development of consumer led marketing
- Detailed understanding of Brand Equity (PoD, PoP, Brand character...) and Go-To-Market process
- Capacity to function within an international group (must be fluent in English) and within the framework of the matrix organization, capacity to work together with internal anticipation ,design, product development, communication and commercial teams
- Capacity to build strategic plan, anticipation and trend identification plans (consumer’s needs and sporting activities, distribution, competition…)
- Strong organizational and project management skills, capacity for synthesis, economic understanding and business oriented
- At ease, good quality of communication, open-minded, good listener, able to negotiate and to convince - Ability to represent the brand outside the company, the sense of confidentiality and competitor
- Fluency in English
- 3 to 5 years experience in product marketing or Go-To-Market position (ideally in the softgood sport industry)
- 1 to 3 years experience in sale department is an advantage but not mandatory
- Business school/ Marketing diploma or related